Thursday 28 September 2017

It's a little baby

Hello everyone,

In July 2017 I went to on my 12th mission trip with Ruimsig Gemeente. My first mission trip was with them in 2006 and a was 9 years old. It has shaped me into the person I am now. I think I'll write a post on it's own one day.

Each year we do woman's ministry which only in recent years (as I grew up) started meaning something to me and it has been my highlight of the trip the past few years. So if you know me you'll know I love kids, And if you've been to Mozambique with me you'll know that I almost always have a little one in my arms. Well.. I saw this tiny little baba (two weeks old)and thought to myself when we are done with woman's ministry I need to give some cuddles to the baby. Lets just say I had the baby in my arms before we were finished.

I think I was in a strange place where we were suppose to wash there hands and pray for them I just didn't feel up to it on that day. I think (and maybe I'm wrong) I was meant to be there just to hold the baby so that the Mommy and other ladies who was babysitting the little one could be fully present to what God had planned for them.
Look at that little face cute right??
And right there where I fell in love.

Okay, lets be honest it wasn't all sunshine and flowers. Why you ask?  Well so in rural communities like these you don't tend to get nappies and  well   apparently a baby needs to pee. So it was all sweet until the baby decided I look like a wonderful nappy. And I was wet. This was still quite early in the activities and mommy didn't look quite eager to have baba back yet. So I put my feelings aside and kept the baby. You think it stops here ?? OOH no it doesn't!! Later when everyone was lining up to get there hands washed I readjust my hands, the baby was wrapped in a bunch of fabrics and well the fabrics moved. As I put my hand under her bum I just feel two little naked bums and well as I felt that, I felt a little stream of water on my hand.. SHE PEED again!!  So I started to look for the mommy to give little one back but alas she was just about to get her hands washed. I waited patiently to return the wet baby and I finally got the baby to the mommy (she didn't really want to take her back at that stage).

Looking back at the moment I don't really know why I didn't to partake in the woman's ministry activities like helping with bath salt, helping thread the beads, washing hands or even the preayers. But I do feel like God works in mysterious ways. Maybe me being there was just so that the mommy can really enjoy being served without worrying about a baby on the back or being peed on. Haha. Or maybe it was for me to realise once again that God really works in you in strange ways like just holding a baby, or to really letting go and lettting God, let go of your comfort and be okay when stuff happens like being full of baby pee and not being able to get new clothes. Or maybe It was for me to be fully present in the moment and actually see what happens in the woman and see the special moments which I think is easy to miss as you are so busy in your activity be it washing hands, helping mix bath salts, threading beads, or prayer. I think in your activity yes you experience God but in actually seeing everyone at work in God is something completely different. The more I think about it the more grateful I become for how I really experienced the day..

Okay that's enough rambling from me for one day. I really hope you enjoyed to get a little insight on my experiences and I hope to see you here next time.

Stay humble, enjoy life and live with no regrets.
XX Anschke

No comments:

Post a Comment